Sometimes I wish my weekends were more eventful, but I think this weekend kind of took the cake in comparison to others.
And they do merit some more creative explanation, but I think that will be for a later post, cause I really have to think about where I want to take it.
Long story short-- Every friday night we ( my family ) invite over a very good friend of ours in addition to either my step-grandmother, whom most of you have heard a bunch about- and thats an understatement, and another old friend of my father's. So schematics: My mother, my father, my brother, me, Jane, Dick, and Sander if the whole group is together. . And during those evenings, no matter the company present, there are usually some very interesting discussions that go on that I think most people might have trouble swallowing. Not from me or my immdiate family, mind you... but from the three extra members present at such a dinner party. This friday though it was just the four of us, Dick, and Sander making roll call of six people; five jews, one catholic, each person varying in age, temperment, and social and political views.
This friday evening was nothing out of the ordinary concerning topics of discussion: town, politics, education, popular culture, sex, drugs, and maybe a little rock and roll. The out of ordinary thing that happened was that I had the urge to write creatively and seriously for the first time since high school. I don't know how well thats going to go, but I can say there will be at least some interesting dictation on the subject of cannonballs and time release kreplach, the last of which had to be explained to Dick. So keep a look out. I might post what I eventually write. I might not. It will be dragged over the coals a whole bunch, though, cause well... I'm anal about my writing.
Not at the moment though if you're reading this cause I'm not feeling well. In fact, I'm not even sure why I'm putting this down now. But it does have a sort of fly-by-the-seat-of-my-yoga-pants kinda feeling.
So I guess this'll just be kinda garbled garbage then, but while I'm going...
The rest of my weekend- Took a trip to Medina to see a friend of mine from college who was not in town, but then again Medina is not that far from here. And I must say that her family has a penchant for living out in the middle of nowhere to which she laughingly agreed. I will say this about that house, though.. they have one hole of golf on their front lawn.. Picture it. Theres a tee off point... And a little pond.. And of course a little flat piece with a flag. Just one- but it's there. We ate, we drank, and drank some more... And I didn't drink much, but I will say that considering how I feel today, shiraz is out of the question for a very long time. Needless to say though, we had a ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment